JC1500 - Rugged Single-Axis Contactless Joystick Controller
Product Brand: Penny & Giles
A single-axis, joystick controller design that enables use in heavy-duty applications without compromising on smooth proportional control. The JC1500 joystick utilises contactless, position-sensor technology combined with a rugged, low-profile design.
- Contactless – Hall-effect technology
- Single-axis control with spring-to-center or friction-hold lever action
- Lock and detent features
- Choice of handles and grips
- 5Vdc or 9-30Vdc supply
- Dual-channel output with optional ramp directions
- Analog (Vdc) or Digital (PWM) outputs
- Extremely low signal noise – less than 1mVrms
- Operating temperature -40 to +85°C
- Environmental protection to IP69K above the panel
- 53mm under-panel depth
- Electrically interchangeable with potentiometers
The joystick provides reliable and accurate output signals - and includes a second output to enable error checking of the system integrity. The JC1500 is intended for use in the off-highway specialist vehicles market - particularly where reliability and strength are paramount e.g. aerial work platforms.
The JC1500 joystick complements the existing range of JC150 potentiometer track joysticks and has the same panel mounting details – allowing replacement or upgrade with no panel modifications. The new joystick is designed to share the same range of grips used in the JC150 and JC6000 models.
See how BAI Fire Trucks use this product for water jet controls here.