Penny & Giles conductive-plastic rotary potentiometers are legacy products that are custom manufactured to specific order requirements, and are available in six ranges.
The RCP range of conductive-plastic rotary potentiometers have been designed to provide high precision, reliability and quality and perform in severe environmental conditions. Automated trimming of linearity and resistance by profiling of the resistive element maintains consistent high quality. Exact setting of pre-load on the stainless-steel ball races supporting the shaft, eliminates shaft radial and axial play throughout the life of the rotary potentiometer and provides excellent vibration and shock performance.
Multi-finger precious metal sliding contacts combined with conductive-plastic resistive and collector tracks result in high reliability, long life, low output noise and virtually infinite resolution.
A range of options exist to customise each range to suit specific customers requirements for linearity, track resistance, switch tracks, environmental sealing and shaft configurations.
Position feedback applications range from aircraft fly-by-wire systems to camera controls and coal cutting machinery.
The technology combines a hard wear resistant conductive surface and multi-fingered precious metal contacts to give virtually infinate resolution, low noise characteristics and a long operational life.
The flush bonded carbon track and precision ball bearing system enable continuous 360 degree operation without wiper fatigue.
The mechanical design of the rotary potentiometer range enables them to perform in severe environmental conditions.
Built to withstand extremes of temerature and high levels of mechanical vibration and shock they potentiometers are used in civil and military aircraft, naval vessels, electricity generating plants and general process control applications where reliability considerations are of paramount importance.
Conductive-Plastic Rotary Potentiometer Standard Range Features
- RCP05 - Supplied in size 05 synchro mount size (12.7mm body diameter), it can accommodate one cup only, with end terminal connections.
- RCP08 - Supplied in size 08 synchro mount size (19.3mm body diameter), it can accommodate one cup only, with end terminal or flying-lead connections.
- RCP11 - Supplied in size 11 synchro mount size (27.2mm body diameter), it can accommodate up to 4 independent cups, ganged together on a common shaft, with side terminal connections.
- RCP15 - Supplied in size 15 synchro mount size (36.7mm body diameter), it can accommodate up to 6 independent cups, ganged together on a common shaft, with side terminal connections.
- RCP18 - Supplied in size 18 synchro mount size (44.7mm body diameter), it can accommodate up to 6 independent cups, ganged together on a common shaft, with side terminal connections.
- RCP30 - Supplied in size 30 synchro mount size (76.2mm body diameter), it can accommodate up to 6 independent cups, ganged together on a common shaft, with side terminal connections.
Models RCP11, RCP15, RCP18 and RCP30 can also be supplied with a non-linear sine/cosine output function.
Suited to a wide range of applications in defence and industrial markets. These items are all manufactured specific to order requirements and no stock parts are held, so price and availability are based on each application.