The SRH520CN contactless, rotary sensor is a development of the Penny & Giles SRH501/2P model, with additional integrated electronics to provide a CANbus interface according to ISO/DIS 11898.
- Contactless - Hall-effect technology
- J1939 or CANopen output
- Measurement range 360°
- 14-bit resolution (0.022°/LSB)
- CW or ACW output
- Rugged housing design, in marine-grade aluminium
- Superior shaft strength
- Shaft sealing to IP69K; connector sealing to IP67
- M12 5-pin connector for easy installation
- World-leading availability
Model SRH520CN is designed to meet the harsh operating requirements in heavy-duty, industrial position-sensing applications, including construction, agricultural, military and utility vehicles, as well as a variety of uses in steelworks, marine equipment and power generating plants. This contactless rotary sensor has shaft side protection to IP69K, with minimum IP67 protection at the rear when the mating connector is attached and fully engaged.
The SRH520CN incorporates a 14-bit, non-contact, Hall-effect sensor with microprocessor control - offering 0.022° resolution.
The SRH520CN contactless rotary sensor operates from a 9-30Vdc unregulated supply and has a choice of two configuration modes - J1939 or CANopen.
The J1939 option is factory set, with the following parameters selected from the order code in the technical data sheet: Direction | Baud Rate | Node ID | Frame rate
The CANopen option is customer configurable, with a protocol according to CIA standard DS 301, and supports the device profile for encoders - DS 406. Baud rate and Node ID should be selected from the order code in the technical data sheet.
- The communication functionality and objects used in the encoder profile are described in the EDS file which can be downloaded here.