NRH280DP - Dual Output, No-Contact, Rotary Position Sensor
Product Brand: Penny & Giles
The Penny & Giles NRH280DP no-contact rotary position sensor is a legacy product used by existing customers.
For new installations and applications, we recommend selecting the modern equivalent NRH300DP no-contact rotary position sensor, which has the same mounting profile and magnet options.
- No-contact technology with external position magnet
- Unlimited mechanical lifetime - wear free
- Will operate from -40 to +140°C, with excursions to +170°C
- Withstands high pressure wash-downs (IP69K)
- Simple mounting and extremely low profile (6.5mm) design
- Minimal weight
- 5Vdc or 9-30Vdc supply
- Analog (0.5 - 4.5 or 0.1 - 4.9Vdc) or Digital (PWM) outputs
- Measurement range from 0-20° to 0-360° in 1° increments
- 12-bit resolution (0.025%) over the angular range
- Extremely low signal noise level - less than 1mVrms
- Electrically interchangeable with potentiometers
NRH280DP has a co-moulded fully encapsulated sensor system that can withstand high shock and vibration as well as operate up to +170°C, and endure high pressure wash-downs (IP69K). The sensor is activated by a separate magnet with a choice of two carrier designs.
NRH280DP is designed for applications in extreme environments where space is limited. It also allows up to ±2mm radial offset, with a permissible gap 2-7mm between the sensor and magnet. The transmissive properties between the magnet and sensor also allow operation through non-magnetic materials.
See how BAI Fire Trucks use this product for water jet controls here.