ICT800 - Contactless In-Cylinder Linear Transducer – Analog output
Product Brand: Penny & Giles
The ICT800 Contactless In-Cylinder Linear Transducer combines the best features associated with LVDTs and potentiometers into one rugged, contactless and highly reliable displacement transducer.
- Measurement range 25-1000mm
- Small transducer body length to stroke ratio
- 12bit resolution
- Absolute measurement
- Working pressure to 670 bar (10,000 psi)
- Temperature range -40 to +125°C
- Operates from 5Vdc or 8-30Vdc
- Analog output – 0.5-4.5Vdc or 0.2-4.8Vdc
- Flexible mounting styles
- Rugged stainless steel construction
Signal conditioning is integrated into the transducer flange.
Operating from 8-30Vdc or 5Vdc supply, the electronics provide an analog voltage output signal of either 0.5-4.5Vdc or 0.2-4.8Vdc over the selected measurement range.
With a transducer body diameter of only 8mm the ICT800 is ideal for installation into hydraulic and pneumatic cylinder applications where space is at a premium. The ICT800 is ideal for use on small-bore actuators and offers a choice of internal or threaded external flange mounting configurations to suit tie-rod, welded and rear clevis-mounted cylinder types in stroke ranges from 25 to 1000mm. Two core configurations also provide the designer the following options:
- SLEEVED CORE - cylinder rods can be simply machined to accommodate the sleeve. This also gives the option of retro-fitting existing servo-cylinders with an upgrade to ICT technology.
- THREADED CORE - provides the designer with the minimum transducer body size and simplified installation requiring minimal machining.
With no electrical sliding contacts, the ICT800 has a working life which is almost limitless.