ICT820 - Contactless In-Cylinder Linear Transducer – CAN SAE J1939 output
Product Brand: Penny & Giles
The ICT820 Contactless In-Cylinder Linear Transducer combines the best features associated with LVDTs and potentiometers into one rugged, contactless and highly reliable displacement transducer with the addition of a CAN SAE J1939 interface.
- Measurement range 25-1000mm
- Small transducer body length to stroke ratio
- Working pressure to 670 bar (10,000 psi)
- Temperature range -40 to +125°C
- Operates from 5Vdc or 8-30Vdc
- CAN SAE J1939 output
- Selectable Node ID, Baud and Frame Rate
- Flexible mounting styles
- Rugged stainless steel construction
Signal conditioning is integrated into the transducer flange.
Operating from 8 - 30Vdc or 5Vdc supply, the electronics provide a CAN SAE J1939 output over the selected transducer measurement range.
With a transducer body diameter of only 8mm the ICT820 is ideal for installation into hydraulic and pneumatic cylinder applications where space is at a premium. The ICT820 is ideal for use on small-bore actuators and offers a choice of internal or threaded external flange mounting configurations to suit tie-rod, welded and rear clevis-mounted cylinder types in stroke ranges from 25 to 1000mm. Two core configurations also provide the designer the following options:
- SLEEVED CORE - cylinder rods can be simply machined to accommodate the sleeve. This also gives the option of retro-fitting existing servo-cylinders with an upgrade to ICT technology.
- THREADED CORE - provides the designer with the minimum transducer body size and simplified installation requiring minimal machining.
With no electrical sliding contacts, the ICT820 has a working life which is almost limitless.