A variant of the popular, contactless rotary position sensor range, which uses a factory programmable non-contact, Hall-effect sensor system.
- Electrically interchangeable with potentiometers
- More than 9x the life of a potentiometer
- Extremely low signal noise, for the life of the sensor
- Will operate from -40 to +140°C, with excursions to +170°C
- Sealed to withstand high pressure wash-downs (IP69K)
- Mechanically interchangeable with potentiometers on 32mm mountings
- Standard output is dual channel
- Configurable output direction, for left or right fitment
- Measurement range from 20 to 360° in 1° increments
- 12-bit resolution (0.025%) over the angular range
- Analog (0.5 - 4.5 or 0.1 - 4.9Vdc) or PWM outputs
TPS280DP is designed as the modern alternative throttle position sensor (TPS) to rotary potentiometers fitted on high-performance race car and motorcycle induction systems.
Replacing a potentiometer with the TPS280DP will eliminate premature failure due to electrical noise – caused by potentiometer wear. TPS280DP is life tested to 30-million cycles (60 million operations), more than NINE TIMES that of a potentiometer in this application.
TPS280DP is mechanically interchangeable with most existing throttle position sensors using 32mm mounting centers and is designed to interface with most common throttle body D-type spindles. The sensor has a choice of 200 or 500mm cable lengths, with or without an MSS4P Mini Sure-Seal connector fitted to the FDR-25 sheathed spec 55A cable. With sealing to IP69K, it is also able to withstand high pressure wash-downs.
The TPS280DP operates from 5Vdc (and 9-30Vdc) and is factory programmed to allow a wide range of configurations.
Chalmers Formula Student is using this product here.
Jenvey Dynamics is using this product here.
UH Racing is using this product here.
Active Technologies is using this product here.