WM800 - Contact Sensor
Product Brand: Williams Controls
A rotary potentiometer position sensor, in which a conductive wiper is in contact with a complex resistive material.
The WM-800 is a rotary potentiometer position sensor, in which a conductive wiper is in contact with a resistive material. The wiper is attached to a rotor. As the rotor is moved in either direction there is a change in the resistance, which is proportional to absolute rotation.
Typical output signals can include:
- Two electrically-isolated linear ratiometric outputs
- One linear ratiometric outputs and up to two idle validation switch (IVS) circuits
Ratings are as follows:
- Linear ratiometric circuits operate from ±5VDC supply
- IVS circuits operate up to 28VDC dependent on configuration and the input electric load
- Packard Electric “Metri-Pack” Series 150 Connector
- Up to 54° of rotation
- 10-million endurance cycles
- 40-million dither cycles
- Williams Controls Environmental Test Specification WDS-010
- Ingress protection ratings IP66
These specifications represent the expected minimum performance of the sensor. This information does not constitute a warranty that the product will meet the above specifications while used in specific applications or test equipment. Specific requirements may vary, based on the sensor configuration.